Nominations are now open for the Morton Medal, the Meyers Medal, the Gibbs Medal, and the AMOS Science Outreach Award
Nominations close 1 September 2018
Please consider nominating a colleague for one of these awards, which recognise excellence in the AMOS fields. The four awards recognise:
- Morton Medal: leadership in meteorology and/or oceanography and/or related fields, with particular emphasis on education and development of young scientists, and personal example in research.
- Meyers Medal: high-quality and innovative contributions by young researchers in the early stages of their academic career to the sciences covered by AMOS.
- Gibbs Medal: long-term contribution to operational forecasting services.
- AMOS Science Outreach Award: engagement with the public, politicians, schools, businesses and communities, to educate and inform those groups on topics associated with AMOS themes.
What needs to be included in a nomination package for all of these awards:
- A nomination letter of no more than 2 pages. This letter should address the selection criteria for the specific award (these criteria are available on the specific Award webpages).
- An accompanying brief CV of the nominee of no more than 2 pages.
- A maximum of 3 letters of support, each no longer than 2 pages.
- No publication list is to be included in the nomination package.
- No copies of published papers are to be included in the nomination package.
- Total maximum length of nomination package: 10 pages.