DEADLINE 10 JUNE 2022
The dates for the next AMOS Conference 2022 are confirmed for 28 November to 2 December 2022. This conference will take place at the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide, South Australia. We hope to see you there!
Call for sessions, workshops, panel session and other activities
Are you keen to organise a high-quality session at AMOS 2022? We’re calling for your expressions of interest.In addition to sessions on our fundamental understanding of the main areas of the weather, climate and ocean sciences (e.g. ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere and land surface processes) and the tools that these sciences employ (e.g. observations, modelling), we also welcome session proposals that emphasise how our sciences have an impact in areas such as:
- Climate projections
- Weather & seasonal forecasting
- Extreme events – their impacts and risks
- Monitoring and modelling
- Renewable energy
- Environment & health
- Blue economy, fisheries & agriculture
- Environmental protection
- Social change
- Communication & education
If you are interested in convening a session, we require the following information to be submitted via the link below by Friday, 10 June 2022.
Details required are:
- session title;
- session description (150 words);
- main theme of the session proposal;
- contact details of lead session convenor and at least one other convenor; and
- proposed session chairs.
Call for workshops, panel sessions and other activities
Deadline Friday, 10 June 2022
Would you like to get researchers together to discuss a particular scientific topic, or to demonstrate how to use a particular tool, analysis technique or dataset? Perhaps you’d like to hold an interactive Q&A session with a panel of experts? Perhaps a professional development activity. If so, we invite you to run your activity at AMOS 2022.
We require the following information to be submitted via email to email@example.com by Deadline Friday, 10 June 2022:
- Activity title;
- Broad theme ( e.g. cloud physics, regional downscaling, engaging with stakeholders, education, professional development, etc.);
- Description of the event to be posted on the website. Approx 150 words;
- Format: How you intend to run this activity e.g. Q&A, lecture, group exercise etc. noting special equipment required (include online tools if required); and
- Convenors, instructor, panel members, and any others involved in running the activity.
Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.