- This event has passed.
AMOS 2024 – Call for Sessions, Workshops, Panel Sessions etc – Deadline 9 June 2023
Call for sessions
Are you keen to organise a high-quality session at AMOS 2024? We’re calling for your expressions of interest.
In addition to sessions on our fundamental understanding of the main areas of the weather, climate and ocean sciences (e.g. ocean, atmosphere, cryosphere and land surface processes) and the tools that these sciences employ (e.g. observations, modelling), we also welcome session proposals that emphasise how our sciences have an impact in areas such as:
- Climate projections
- Weather & seasonal forecasting
- Extreme events – their impacts and risks
- Monitoring and modelling
- Renewable energy
- Environment & health
- Blue economy, fisheries & agriculture
- Environmental protection
- Social change
- Communication & education
- History of AMOS sciences in Australia
If you are interested in convening a session, we require the following information to be submitted via the link below by Friday, 9 June 2023.
Details required are:
- session title;
- session description (150 words);
- main theme of the session proposal;
- contact details of lead session convenor and at least one other convenor; and
- proposed session chairs.