Nominations are now open for the Priestley Medal, the Zillman Medal, the Christopher Taylor Award, and the AMOS Science Outreach Award
Nominations close 1 September 2021
Please consider nominating a colleague for one of these awards, which recognise excellence in the AMOS fields. The four awards recognise:
- Priestley Medal: Excellence in meteorological or oceanographic research, primarily in Australia, by a mid-career scientist.
- Zillman Medal: Long and substantial learned research contribution in Australia and contribution to the Society through the promotion of its aims.
- Christopher Taylor Award: Contributions of all kinds to operational forecasting and supporting activities in Australia by a professional meteorologist.
- AMOS Science Outreach Award: Engagement with the public, politicians, schools, businesses and communities, to educate and inform those groups on topics associated with AMOS themes.
What needs to be included in a nomination package for all of these awards:
- A nomination letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the selection criteria for the specific award (these criteria are available on the specific Award webpages).
- An accompanying brief CV of the nominee of no more than 2 pages.
- A maximum of 3 letters of support, each no longer than 2 pages.
- No publication list or copies of published papers are to be included in the nomination package.
- Total maximum length of nomination package: 10 pages.
Only AMOS members can nominate someone for an AMOS award.
Nominations should be forwarded to the AMOS Awards Committee chair at email@example.com.
Please see the AMOS Award web pages at www.amos.org.au for selection criteria and further details of the awards and the nomination process.
Chair, AMOS Awards Committee