Fellow of AMOS The status of Fellow is available to an existing member who has…
Call for Nominations
Nominations are now open for the Priestley Medal, the Zillman Medal, the Christopher Taylor Award, and the Science Outreach Award
Nominations close 1 September 2023
Please consider nominating a colleague for one of these awards, which recognise excellence in the AMOS fields. The four awards recognise:
- Priestley Medal: Excellence in meteorological or oceanographic research, primarily in Australia, by a mid-career scientist.
- Zillman Medal: Long and substantial learned research contribution in Australia and contribution to the Society through the promotion of its aims.
- Christopher Taylor Award: Contributions of all kinds to operational forecasting and supporting activities in Australia by a professional meteorologist.
- Science Outreach Award: Engagement with the public, politicians, schools, businesses and communities, to educate and inform those groups on topics associated with AMOS themes.
What needs to be included in a nomination package for all of these awards:
- A nomination letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the selection criteria for the specific award (these criteria are available on the specific Award webpages).
- An accompanying brief CV of the nominee of no more than 2 pages.
- A maximum of 3 letters of support, each no longer than 2 pages.
- For the Priestley Medal only, a list of publications with up to 5 significant publications highlighted
- No publication list (excepting for the Priestley Medal) or copies of published papers are to be included in the nomination package.
- Total maximum length of nomination package: 10 pages.
Only AMOS members can nominate someone for an AMOS award.
Nominations should be forwarded to the AMOS Awards Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the AMOS Award web pages at www.amos.org.au for selection criteria and further details of the awards and the nomination process.
Chair, AMOS Awards Committee