AMOS 2022: Call for abstracts The Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society is holding its 29th…
Call for Abstracts
5-9 February 2024, Canberra ACT
The Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society is holding its 30th Conference in Canberra from 5-9 February 2024.
The AMOS Conference is Australia’s pre-eminent meeting profiling the latest findings and applications of meteorology, climate science and oceanography across local, national and global scales.
Conference proceedings will take place at the Hyatt Hotel Canberra from 5-9 February 2024. Conference workshops and other activities will take place at ANU (TBC) on Monday, 5 February 2024.
We are delighted to have Chiara Holgate, Sarah Perkins-Kirkpatrick and Linden Ashcroft as co-convenors for AMOS 2024.
List of sessions
Please see the list of sessions under our proposed themes.
AMOS 2024 will be an in-person event. At this stage, we are not planning any hybrid breakout sessions.
- Abstracts must be submitted through the Oxford Abstracts submission portal.
- Submit to one of the general sessions if you cannot find a specific session for your topic.
- Abstracts should be submitted by the presenter.
- Information to provided includes the following: presenter contact details, presenter photo and biography, abstract title, authors and their affiliations, and abstract text.
- Title and abstract text must be submitted in sentence case.
- As in previous years, there will be no extension to the deadline.
- Deadline – 11:59pm AEST – Friday, 1 September 2023.
Submission processing fee
A $40 non-refundable submission processing fee applies to each abstract. It is preferred that this fee is paid by card (VISA/Mastercard) via Stripe. If you need to pay by EFT, please submit the abstract but do not pay via the Stripe link. An invoice will be forwarded separately via the AMOS Xero accounting system. Please include your surname and invoice number on the remittance/reference. EFT can be made to the AMOS bank account. Details are as follows:
Account Name: Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Inc
The submission system will be accepting abstracts from today.