Website Offshore Weather Services
Offshore Weather Services, a private weather forecasting company based in Melbourne, Australia is seeking to employ a python programmer based in Melbourne.
You will have a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- Maintaining existing products and pipelines (python, Excel, VBA, flask, django, SQLAlchemy);
- Develop new data-derived products to help meet current and future customer demands;
- Custodian of a PostgresSQL database;
- Working with cloud‐based computing (Amazon EC2);
- Working as a team including with Weather Forecasters and other developers;
- Manage and maintain a Linux cluster and Linux servers.
Requirements – the candidate must have the following:
- Excellent coding skills in python (2‐5 years’ experience);
- A good understanding of modern software development practices (version control, bitbucket/github, automated testing, unittest, pytest);
- Good working knowledge of Linux systems (2‐5 years’ experience);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
Desired – experience in the following would be highly desirable:
- Working with conda environments;
- Experience with web frameworks e.g. Django or Flask;
- Previous experience with databases. SQL, PostgreSQL;
- Experience with high‐performance computing (HPC) environments;
- Experience with Amazon EC2;
- Previous experience with VBA;
- Good understanding of statistics;
- Project management skills;
- Scientific background.
Annual Salaries will be in the range of 80k-140k depending on prior experience.
Applications close 09-08-2020.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.