- This event has passed.
AMOS National Radar Workshop
November 12 - November 14
From Research to Operations
New Horizons Building, Monash University, Clayton
13-14 November 2019
PLUS one day training workshop on Python ARM Radar Toolkit (Py-ART) – 12 November 2019
This year the annual radar workshop, hosted by Monash University and sponsored by Leonardo, is being held under the auspices of the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS) with support from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Weather radar is increasingly established as a major component of a heterogeneous network of ground-based and satellite-based instruments supporting a wide range of applications such as hydrology, aviation and emergency services. The workshop will continue to promote the links between research and operations, aimed at enhancing the quality of operational radar data and the scope of radar applications for research and user services.
This two-day workshop will take place on 13-14 November and will include panel sessions on:
• Commercial software meets open source
• Weather radar networks and cyber security.
A dinner will be held on 13 November.
To register for the radar workshop, please send an email to Valentijn Pauwels at Valentijn.Pauwels@monash.
1) The names of the people in your group who will be attending the workshop.
2) Is your group presenting a talk (Yes or No). If presenting a talk, the title and a short abstract. There is no obligation to present. Multiple talks per group are no problem.
3) The names of the people in your group who will be attending the dinner. Please also let me know any dietary requirements.
PLUS this two-day workshop will be preceded by a one-day training workshop on the Python ARM Radar Toolkit (Py-ART) on 12 November, organised by Scott Collis, Argonne National Laboratory. If you wish to attend the training workshop, please register at: http://bit.ly/
31 August 2019 Submit half-page abstract for presentation
31 August 2019 Register for workshop
30 September 2019 Submit application for training workshop
12 November 2019 Training workshop
13-14 November 2019 Radar workshop
Phone: +61-3-9905 5332
LEONARDO Germany GmbH
Phone: +49-173-724 8901
Please forward this announcement to anyone who may be interested in the workshop.