Website NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Organisation/Entity: Policy, Strategy & Science
Job Category: Environmental | Environmental Science
Job Reference Number: 00007JDZ
Total Remuneration Package: $131,321. Package includes salary ($106,346 – $118,468), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Closing Date: 16/02/2020 – 11:59 PM
Job Grade / Classification: Environment Officer Class 9
Employment Type: Temporary
Duration: Up to 4 years
- Do you relish delivering high quality scientific/technical projects and programs that influence Government policy?
- Do you enjoy managing multiple complex tasks simultaneously and completing them to a high standard?
- Are you able to work effectively autonomously as well as part of a team?
About the Role:
The Senior Project Officer is responsible for providing advanced technical, scientific, strategic and analytical support for climate and atmospheric science programs and projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of scientific projects relating to the Climate Research Program.
- Support the strategic direction of climate and atmospheric science priorities and knowledge themes.
- Provide timely expert advice and communication to relevant stakeholders across the agency.
- Prepare a range of project related documents and communication.
Scientific qualifications or well-developed knowledge and demonstrated experience in a scientific field.
Experience in developing rigorous science projects.
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster brings together the functions from the former Planning & Environment and Industry Clusters.
The new Cluster will drive for greater levels of integration and efficiency across key areas such as long term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries. In particular, there will be a redoubling of emphasis on regional NSW.
Please read the following documents prior to preparing you for application:
Good to know:
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from Planning and Environment Cluster and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 18-month period.
Our commitment to diversity and flexibility:
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.
- Complete all the questions in the online application.
- Upload a current cover letter and Resume with your online application.
- Complete all the questions in the online application. Two of the questions will require you to provide specific examples from your experience (4000-character limit per question). These questions are shown below. Do not address these in your cover letter:
Q1. Please provide an example of a major scientific/technical project where you have identified a knowledge gap in an area of importance. Explain how you applied principles of rigor to design and implement the project and outline the scientific/technical and/or management importance of the findings.
Q2. Discuss the main challenges to be addressed when delivering high quality project outcomes of complex projects and how these challenges may be addressed, using case studies from your own work experience. Describe your approach to ensuring the delivery of high quality project outcomes on time and within budget.
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Applications Close: 11.59PM on Sunday 16th February 2020
Should you require further information about the role please contact; Kathleen Beyer, Senior Team Leader on 02 9995 5476.
To apply for this job please visit iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.