Awards > Awards And Grants Available Through AMOS
Awards and Grants available through AMOS
There are a number of awards and grants available through AMOS:
Small monetary grants can be made from the R.H. Clarke Endowment to members or groups of members to help finance meteorological projects for which adequate funds are not otherwise available, or to assist with the attendance of younger members at conferences.
Medals and prizes
The Society awards the following medals and prizes:
- AMOS Medal - a national award recognising leadership in meteorology and/or oceanography and/or related fields, with particular emphasis on education and development of young scientists, and personal example in research.
- Priestley Medal - awarded biennially for excellence in meteorological or oceanographic research
- Christopher Taylor Award - a national award for operational forecasting and related investigations.
- Uwe Radok PhD Thesis Award - an annual award for the best PhD thesis for the preceding year in the fields of meteorology, oceanography, glaciology or climatology
- R.H. Clarke Lecture - an invited review lecture presented annually by an expert in an aspect of meteorology or other related subjects.
- The AMOS Regional Awards for Academic Achievement - an annual award made in conjunction with AMOS Regional Centres and Universities to the best undergraduate student in their final year in the fields of meteorology, oceanography or related fields.
- Conference Award - an annual award made in conjunction with the AMOS Annual Conference to the best student oral presentation and best student poster presentation.
For further information on these aspects of the society's activities please contact the Convenor of the Awards Subcommittee:
Mark Williams Chair,
AMOS Awards Committee,